Sunday, November 14, 2010

Entryway Revamp!

We have only lived in our house for a matter of weeks, but I am already busting out the paint brushes and making changes. My poor husband gets teased all the time because his friends think that I have him doing projects all the time, but I must say I did this one all by myself....well, most of it anyway :)

There was only one small, well actually HUGE, crisis along the way. I was very frustrated when I got home from the paint store and realized that all of our painting supplies had somehow vanished in our recent move. Aaron was gone to help a friend move, so I decided that even though it was almost 8:00 at night, I would pack the kids in the car and go to Lowe's to get all the supplies I needed, because by-golly I was getting this entryway painted TONIGHT!!!

Well, in my haste, I kind of forgot about the water faucet I left running in the laundry room, and when we got home from Lowe's the ENTIRE back half of our house was flooded with water!! I knew it was bad, when I pulled in the driveway and saw a river of water running to the street. I would have taken pictures to post on my blog for all the world to see, but as you can imagine, I was in panic mode, and pulling out the camera was the last thing on my mind:)

Fortunately, we got all the water cleaned up. Our sweet neighbors/friends were there on the double with the wet vac and lots of moral support and luckily there was really no damage at all.

After all of that drama, you may think I gave up on my mission to get my project done that night, but oh no! I decided to press on and get the job done! Here are some before and after pics.