Friday, June 11, 2010

No more Pacis



I knew this day would come, and it is here. Time for Blake to retire the pacifier. I knew this was going to be hard because he loves his paci, and let me tell you, it has been every bit as hard as I imagined it would be. Blake has always been a great sleeper. He slept through the night at 9 weeks old, he has never fought naptime/ bedtime. Heck, he even ASKS to go to bed sometimes! What kid does that??? We moved him into his "big boy bed" with no trouble at all. THEN, we took away the paci.

My friend gave me the idea of cutting off the tops of the paci's instead of just not giving it to him at bedtime anymore. It definitely took the fun out of sucking on it, because he immediately said, "Mommy, paci broken." The first night he cried for and hour and a half before falling asleep. The next day at nap time, Aaron put him down at 12:30 and he didn't fall asleep till 2:00. The second night he cried again for an hour or so. And now, to top it all off, he has started getting out of his bed and coming out of his room at bedtime. We are sticking to our guns and NOT giving in, but it is so hard! Going through this makes me want to stop giving Berkley a paci now!! I don't want to go through this again!!! I know it will get better, it is just a matter of when. I'll keep you posted with our progress.