Thursday, June 10, 2010

John Deere Tractor Party!

Well, I can't believe it but our little guy is 2 years old!! Being Blake's mom has changed me in more ways than I could ever write down on this blog, but one of the recent changes I have noticed, is that I can't drive anywhere without pointing out tractors, dump trucks, skid steers, backhoes, forklifts, excavators, concrete trucks or any other tractor type things that I see. (And as you may have noticed, I have also learned the correct names for all of these machines. Before Blake, a tractor was a tractor to me!! ) I have even had to stop myself from pointing out tractors and such when I am in the car alone.

So, considering Blake's love of tractors and construction equipment, we thought is was fitting to have a John Deere birthday party, to celebrate his 2nd Birthday. We planned to have the party at the park, but for the second year in a row, it has rained on the day of Blake's party, and we had to relocate to our house. Regardless, the party was a total success, and Blake loved every minute of it!

After the party was ove,r I asked Blake what kind of party he wanted to have next year and he said "Library party". I have to admit the teacher inside me is loving that idea .....:)